What's new

Draw rectangle and move center to origin.

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Kiviaki
Look at my mail #16, it explain how to use symmetry constrain.
Your first mail was about how to centre a rectangle sketch about origin .!!
That's what my post explain !!
This thread result in a lot of noise and useless proposals.

H.C

"Holding left Ctrl while clicking + dragging on a coincident-constrained node will break the constraint and allow you to move the node by hand freely"

Thx OTE_

kiwiavi

Just realized that I posted the PDF and not the part, sorry..

The file I should have posted. I can't move the hole.

Attachments

• ToeClamp_Ver3.AD_PRT
    298.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Open Sketch 2, hold down Ctrl key whilst you click on the node and drag it away from origin.

Then apply dimensions and/or constraints as needed, to fix new position of the node. Then close the sketch - hole will re-appear in new location.

kiwiavi

Can you please confirm that V24 Atom has this feature. I could not move the bolt hole. I added new hole and could move it freely. Once I dimensioned in X and Y directions and it went black, , I could not move/drag it and CTRL made no difference.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Use of Ctrl key allows overriding a co-incident constraint (because coincident constraints don't display any constraint symbol on screen that you could delete) .

It is the Hole Tool that Atom3D does not have access to, so you can't edit that feature. Did you produce the file when using a trial version (of Alibre Design) or did somebody else create the file in Alibre Design.

Your 'new hole' is presumably a circle Extrude Cut.

It really does help us if you supply ALL the information.

kiwiavi

I am using a registered verion of Atom3D V24. I created the hole tool using the popup. The circle, I created with the sketch drawing options. I must be missing something, because it should work with the ctrl key but I cannot move either. . I had a mate with 20 years of Solidworks try and give me a hand but he too could not get it to work.

I trried a screen capture packge (Wiondershare) but it has not captured it correctly. Any suggestions as to what I could try ?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Atom3D does NOT have a Hole tool, so something is missing from your story. You won't be able to edit the Hole feature in Atom.

I was easily able to move the hole node using Ctrl + drag when I opened the file in Alibre Design.

H.C

works fine here (v26exp)
BUT,even with toggle snap to grid OFF it will snap to grid when using CTRL !!! (view on / snap off)
When view off / snap off it doesn't snap to grid.

kiwiavi

Yes somthing is odd. I bought Atom some 10 years ago to learn 3D but never got around to it. I think I renewed once, but still never got to use it. I use Turbocad weekly for my work and that is all 2.5 D. This year I bougth the upgrade. There was something wrong with my licence number and Baycad sorted it out so I'm up and running, however, after the hole comment, I looked up my About box and it says Alibre Design Professional. Not sure what has happened. Screen icon says Alibre Atom3D.

I have found a local Alibre trainer so I'll see if I can book a few hours with him. I've just bought a full machining center, so I need to get my 3D up to scratch. Maybe I can finally get going.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you installed Atom3D, then switched to a Professional licence, the desktop shortcut will still say Atom, but internally the system will behave as Pro. Access to features is controlled by the licence key.