What's new

Drawing arrows on a DRW

srjacob

Is there any way to draw a thick line with arrows on each end on a drawing (DRW)?. It's a patent drawing and I need to indicate motion. I have set the annotation options to no circle and no arrow for the callouts.

Thanks in advance.

denisgb2

To add to Tyler's suggestion, you could make a part in the shape of an arrow, and then use standard views creation tool to bring in the part with only a front view, and if need be it could be scaled as required.

Not exactly what was asked for in the original post, however....

cherkey

Activate sketch in the drawing, and draw the arrow with the line tool, then change the line weight by selecting the lines, right click and set layer. The line change won't be visible until you print, or print preview.

srjacob

@cherkey

That's what I ended up doing. It seems like a basic function to be able to add double arrow lines (of any weight) in a DWG workspace. Any CAD software I have used will allow you to do this.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Sketch an arrow once - define as custom symbol ?

Does anyone already have a selection of useful custom symbols that others might use as a library ?

jaysinn

When you have de-activated the 2D sketch, you have the opportunity to insert a Note, which has an option to include an arrow. The Note doesn't have to have any text, so there's an arrow for you.