What's new

Drawing Limits

I wonder if anyone knows the limits that have the part, assembly files has..

For example
How many configurations can have a part or assembly. I thing after the 12th configuration it is not possible to create another but no warning appears.
how many section views or details can i make to a view ? (depends on the complexity of the view ? ), i had a drawing where after the 3rd section view it appeared a msg box telling it was nos possible to create another section view, in another drawing i could make more...

are other limits that are important to know in order to plan how i will draw a certain assembly ?

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Salutations nichterlein

I don't know for sure, but I think it depends on what favor of GM you have. I am using Design an I have not seen any limits of any kind. I have a part file that has 140 configurations (an yes it is a very complex part)!!

Rocket Nut

Hi Rocket nut
thank you for the answer..

I own the latest version Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.0.1 ] 64-bit.

I made this question because i amazed to see that appeared a warning box saying it could not add another (the 4th) view to a frame i was drawing. The pc i was using was a i5 with 12 MB ram intel grafic card, on my desktop i have a I7 with 16 Mb and nvidia graphic card so i am able to create more views on the same modell... maybe it is a question of pc capacity instead of model size.
the drawing itself is small, at the moment 660 elements from 30 different parts.

However with this simple part i am not able to create more than 12 different configurations...

Attachments

• Perfil I.AD_PRT
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I see your problem nichterlein. I could not make new configuration, which is very strange. May be it's time to call in support.

Sorry I can not help you. :cry:

Rocket Nut