What's new

Drawing shown at startup

TomB

Is it possible to do away with the fancy drawings that are shown at startup. They are pretty and probably would be well suited to showing clients but I don't have clients and just want to draw up and dimension weldments. I don't need to know that I could color render drawing and I really don't like waiting until the image goes away.

Tom B

JST

Alibre Super User
What program and version are you using?

I do not see any such when I start the program......

simonb65

Alibre Super User
This was an older version if I remember right? There was a discussion on the topic a few years ago (May 2013). In short, its a splash screen ... designed to keep the user entertained whilst the program loads in the background. By taking it away, you dont speed anything up, the user just gets the impression that 'nothing' is happening! The images are downloaded from the web at startup (rather than being built in) but again, I recall that it doesn't slow anything down.

It was take out a 2 or 3 years ago ... What version are you running, if your still seeing that ?!

TomB

Thanks for the reply and the explanation. I thought the download explanation might be the case but I wondered just what would happen when I was not connected to the internet. That happens once in while but I never remember to notice how the startup process changes in that situation. Just to complete the sequence I am running 'Design Expert 2013', 'Geomagic Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 15,0,0,15072 ] 64-bit'.

I started with about version 4 or 5 and use to update whenever new versions came out. But then the transition from Albre to Geomagic occurred and the new version did not seem to contain anything I recognized as useful so I just keep using the version I had installed. I use the program often, not every day but typically in 1 or 2 month long daily bursts perhaps twice year. I am very worried that when I upgrade Windows or the computer I may lose access to the program. I tend to use most of the programs features but not any of the extra cost options. As such I'm hesitant to move to some other product, i.e. freeware, as I fear the learning curve might exceed my life expectancy.

Tom

JST

Alibre Super User
Yep, it's just the "splash", as suspected.

The current version gives a different smaller image, same idea.