What's new

Drawing tiled printout

beastro

Good morning,

I hardly ever use the drawing function of Alibre, so forgive me if this is a no-brainer...

Wanting to print a 1:1 drawing of a design in order to use it as a template to transfer the shape to a piece of wood to be cut, is there a way to get tiled printout that spans over various physical sheets of paper?

I remember having had that possibility years ago on my old trusty 2D Malz&Kassner Cad and one could easily print big designs on several A4 or A3 sheets and stick them together or glue them on a cardboard/MDF for easy template making.

Is there a possibility to do this in Alibre?

Thanks!

Berthold

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Have you tried setting the scale in the print dialog to 100% (i.e. no scaling) I'm sure windows will tile it based on your selected printer paper size. Could be wrong, it's been a while since I last did that.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Alibre doesn't have tile printing (printing something large across multiple pages) as an option. I've not tried but I believe the following would work:
You could set your view 1:1 on a huge custom size page. Create a pdf of that 1:1. And then print 1:1 with tiles from Adobe pdf viewer.

beastro

Thanks!
I'll propose that as a new feature. I think it would be useful and important.

Kind regards