What's new

Drrawings are a nightmare now

jdmoore111

1. if I pull up an old drawing, the dimensions are no longer attached so I have to start over
2. You can’t find out what scale the drawing is because one source says it’s 1 to 1 and the other one says it’s 2 to 1.
3. I can’t edit the part from one drawing I have. When I write click on it there is no option to edit part.
I remember when the drawing program used to actually work. This is unbelievable.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Without the files it's difficult to comment in detail.

If the model has changed, dimensions can become detached if the model topology has changed - there is now a new tool to allow re-targeting of dissociated dimensions.

What sources for scale? - you can always right click a view and click the change scale option to see what the current scale is. Displayed scale for Views is taken direct from the view, the Sheet scale value depends on user input for Default View Scale when creating the drawing - this can be changed on the Sheet Properties.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
For issue 3, check if there is name of 3D model in the view in the Drawing Explorer. Does model show when you right click drawing file and choose Constituents?
Is the file for the 3D model still available?

It is possible to create drawings which don't reference a 3D model.

File could be damaged, difficult to be sure without the files....

sz0k30

The drawing program still works about the same as it always has, very little has changed thru the years and version.

1. Disassociated dimensions have always been an issue.
2. No idea what source you are referring to?
3. You edit parts from the PRT file not the DWG file.