What's new

DXF Export Location

batejosh

Hello Alibre Aficionados!

I have a problem that ever bugs me! When I export a drawing as a DXF it always tries to save it in the same old folder that I once saved a DXF in months ago. It once changed folder - I have no idea why, and I've tried to get it to change again, but it's stuck. It's obviously annoying and time-consuming to leave the 'default' folder and find the folder that the existing drawing is in to save the DXF.

When I save a PDF it does the smart thing and saves it in the same folder that the drawing is already in. I'd love the DXF exporting to behave the same!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

cherkey

When I export to DXF or print to PDF, it goes to the last directory I may have accessed, not necessarily the directory of the file I currently have open. Publish to PDF does go to the directory of the file being worked on.
Alibre has always been like this - yes, it would be much preferred that it would remember the current working directory or at least to be able to assign a default directory to go to.

ZacP

I have this same issue. Mine keeps going back to the same old folder for DXFs (although the folder recently changed for no apparent reason) but is fine for PDFs. It all worked logically prior to the change back to Alibre. Hopefully there'll be a fix in an update soon.

JST

Alibre Super User
An ancient problem.

Easily solved by allowing a "project directory" to be specified. Maybe that will come with the big update that is due "in 2018".