What's new

DXF export problem (Dimensions getting scattered after exporting to dxf)

Sanj

Hello All,

Dimensions getting scattered after exporting to dxf format.
Is there any setting to solve this issue ? Please help me.
I have attached the exported dxf file image.

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• dxf export error.png
    dxf export error.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 25

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The only option I can think of is the different versions of DXF export versions - though I'm not confident that will help.

What do the dimensions look like in AD, before export ?

laverne3ca

Hello All,

Dimensions getting scattered after exporting to dxf format.
Is there any setting to solve this issue ? Please help me.
I have attached the exported dxf file image.

Many Thanks.
My old TurboCAD 16.2 version does the same, it looks like there's been a change somewhere along the line in the definition of what a DXF file is or Alibre has something that doesn't match the definition.

Sanj

The only option I can think of is the different versions of DXF export versions - though I'm not confident that will help.

What do the dimensions look like in AD, before export ?
Dimensions looks normal. Please see attached image of Atom3D dwg.

Attachments

• Atom3D dwg before export.png
    Atom3D dwg before export.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
There used to be an AutoCad v12 that was pretty stable or at least produced good results. But it's not in the list anymore.
I know it's a pain but I'd try each version available to see if there was any difference in their outputs. But, like @DavidJ said, confidence is low for any help on them.

1648924618886.png

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
The dimensions look right until you try to regenerate or edit anything. Alibre Design's export to DXF and DWG are missing something with dimension positioning that AutoCAD fills in with zero.

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Yeah it always does this and has always done this since I started doing exports back in 2016. I have not found a way to get a "clean" export.

ROTTER

I once tried to export Alibre drawings to dwg, dxf. Dimension exports have always been bad or very bad.
In my opinion, Alibre cannot export dimensions to dxf, dwg. Using different formats won't help.
There is one way to get good looking dwg, dxf drawings. You must export an Alibre drawing without dimensions. Then, the dimensions should be drawn manually in the 2D AutoCad program. More work, but the effect is very good.