What's new

DXF files

OTHill

Hi My question is can I down load DXF files into AD version 11 and use it to edit the file and if so how? Thanks.

Jimpulse

Alibre Super User
You can only import DXFs DWGs and the like into the drawing environment. Just click the import button on the home window.
If your goal is to use drawing elements from the imported drawing as sketches for a 3D model, you must enter sketch mode in order to edit or copy drawing elements into the 3d sketch environment.

I believe there is a tutorial / instruction page covering this in more detail.

-jimpulse

Dave H

If you know Autocad 2D, then try downloading Draftsight. It is an Autocad clone, and is FREE. It will handle your DXF and DWG files just fine, and you can edit then almost exactly as you would have in ACAD 2D.

OTHill

No I don't know Autocad 2d.The last version of Autocad I had to do with was version 10 and it was hard to use.Hows Corel draw for DXF files?Allan.

GDBranch

Dave H said:
If you know Autocad 2D, then try downloading Draftsight. It is an Autocad clone, and is FREE. It will handle your DXF and DWG files just fine, and you can edit then almost exactly as you would have in ACAD 2D.
Thank you Dave.
Downloaded, installed and working perfectly.

Dave H

GDBranch said:
Dave H said:
Thank you Dave.
Downloaded, installed and working perfectly.

I use it myself when needed. Haven't had a problem yet. And, you can't beat the price!!
And you can import your 2D geometry into an Alibre drawing space, save it, re-open it, and paste or paste stamper it into an open part sketch for creating a model. All for FREE.