What's new

DXF with corrupted dimensions

dkmc

Has anybody ever been able to import a DXF drawing and get readable dimensions??
Every file I try to import results in gibberish numbers and symbols for dimensions......
I guess I give up......isn't this function something most CAD programs have pretty much conquered at this point in time? :roll:

I'm using 9.1 SP1........maybe this has been fixed in 10....?
Doubt it.....

dk

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I believe this is a font issue. Alibre fonts are not system fonts or something along those lines. Try changing the fonts and see if that helps.

aeromorrison

This sounds like a font issue. Alibre uses a font called Alibre Symbols which surely is not on anyone's computer who does not use Alibre. I actually submitted this as an problem/enhancement request formally with Alibre.

Most standard AutoCAD systems use a combination of two different fonts--one true-type font called TXT (for normal text) and one called GDT (for symbols). If you install these fonts on your system, the problem may go away.

You will also find when exporting DXF files from Alibre that they will contain references to the Alibre Symbols font. This is not very useful because presumably you would be using the DXF file because someone doesn't have Alibre. After this (and many other issues) I wrote DXF post-processing program to fix all of these things. Alibre has apparently improved some of these things in V11, but I haven't had a chance to test them yet.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
dkmc said:
Has anybody ever been able to import a DXF drawing and get readable dimensions??
Every file I try to import results in gibberish numbers and symbols for dimensions......
I guess I give up......isn't this function something most CAD programs have pretty much conquered at this point in time? :roll:

I'm using 9.1 SP1........maybe this has been fixed in 10....?
Doubt it.....

dk

Hi dk,
I think you ask for DXF IMPORT in Alibre.
If so, please upload your DXF file, so we can help, hopefully. :)