What's new

Editing an extrusion

Toontype

I'm a relatively new Atom 3D user, so far I've been through the tutorial and and created some relatively simple assemblies with few problems.

However I find it difficult to get into an edit mode. For example I've completed a 2D sketch and used the Extrude function to create a part. I'd now like to edit the length of the extrusion but after changing the length in the Extrude Boss page the OK box doesn't highlight and I'm unable to execute and finish the edit.

I feel that I'm missing a step in the process, can anyone advise?

Thank you.

idslk

Alibre Super User
can you post an screen shot of your "extrude Boss Page"?
As you want to edit something, you have to be in the edit mode. Select the feature of the part (eg the extrude boss) in the design explorer, hit right mouse button and then in the flyout menu "edit".
A extrude boss page of this existing feature should appear...
1656095140965.png

1656095189198.png

Regards
Stefan

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
after changing the length in the Extrude Boss page the OK box doesn't highlight and I'm unable to execute and finish the edit.
Hint: when you change the length value in the Extrude "dialog" press the TAB key to move the focus out of the length field. OR just press the Enter key, The OK button should then become active.
If it doesn't then something else is going on with your process.

idslk

Alibre Super User
The OK button should then become active.

if there is no wrong entry the "ok" button stays active (in edit mode) also if you not "entered" a depth.

1656096795176.png

if you try to extrude something without eg a chosen sketch (if you have not used the RMB-Method for example) , the button stays inactive
1656097010620.png

Regarsd
Stefan

Toontype

As you want to edit something, you have to be in the edit mode. Select the feature of the part (eg the extrude boss) in the design explorer, hit right mouse button and then in the flyout menu "edit".
View attachment 36336

View attachment 36337

Regards
Stefan
View attachment 36336

View attachment 36337

Regards
Stefan

Toontype

Stefan,
Many thanks for your quick response, it worked!
I think my error was in going via the main ribbon as opposed to the Design Explorer.
Also thanks to HaroldL for responding