What's new

Editing boxes?

sz0k30

Still on version 25 so not sure if this has changed or not, but its pretty ridiculous not to be able to see what you want/need to change!

Attachments

• 1676406384753.png
    1676406384753.png
    686.5 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: MKR

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you're talking about the oversized text in the dim edit dialog it has not been addressed in v26.

1676408124596.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It's displayed in the text and size you specify for the Font. Not sure why it has to do that though ...

1676454588601.png

Interestingly, if you override the style, and change the font, the text size changes (as seen by yourselves) ...

1676454671231.png

But then un-ticking the override, the font doesn't change back to the default!

1676454757046.png

So more than one bug/undesired behaviour going on here! Saying that, 20pt is very big for drawing text (I guess the text size was assumed to be conforming to standard drawing practices!), but I agree that the dialog fields should handle this better.

Not sure why any of the text fields need to use the selected Font. This is purely a data entry dialog box, not the drawing sheet!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Well displaying the font is useful if you are choosing a font and are not familiar with the appearance. I'd agree that these fields don't necessarily need to display at the final font size.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Well displaying the font is useful if you are choosing a font and are not familiar with the appearance. I'd agree that these fields don't necessarily need to display at the final font size.
I would suggest having a larger area on the dialog that shows a preview of the font and leave all the controls using the dialog font. That's what a lot of graphical/arty editors do.

sz0k30

It's displayed in the text and size you specify for the Font. Not sure why it has to do that though ...

View attachment 38525

Interestingly, if you override the style, and change the font, the text size changes (as seen by yourselves) ...

View attachment 38526

But then un-ticking the override, the font doesn't change back to the default!

View attachment 38527

So more than one bug/undesired behaviour going on here! Saying that, 20pt is very big for drawing text (I guess the text size was assumed to be conforming to standard drawing practices!), but I agree that the dialog fields should handle this better.

Not sure why any of the text fields need to use the selected Font. This is purely a data entry dialog box, not the drawing sheet!
I wasn't asking about text size. I asked why the whole text isn't shown in the "upper/prefix/suffix" window? How can I correct a spelling mistake if I cant see it in the appropriate text window?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I wasn't asking about text size. I asked why the whole text isn't shown in the "upper/prefix/suffix" window? How can I correct a spelling mistake if I cant see it in the appropriate text window?
It doesn't fit in the window because of the text size! That's why the text size is the root of the problem with it fitting in! See my example in my post above. If you change the text size the text fits in the window!