What's new

editing dimensions on an existing drawing

Clint

I am new to Alibre Design and having a problem changing the dimensions of a part. I have tried going back to the original extrusion sketch but can not change the dimensions to make a revision. I am guessing its because the 2d sketch is fully constrained.? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CariageStopWayClamp.AD_PRT
    454.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CariageStopWayClamp.AD_DRW
    335 KB · Views: 3

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
In your sketch 1 of your part, there is one more dimensions than is necessary to fully define it in both Y and Z directions.

What dimension do you want to alter ? You may have to also delete or alter another, to maintain consistency.

Clint

I would like to change the overall width. But I can't get anything to allow me to edit dimensions.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You have defined the overall width twice; By the 1" dimension at the bottom and also by the 0.5" + 0.25" + 0.25" across the top. So you'll have to delete one of those.

To edit dimension in 2D sketch, either double click the dimension, or right click it and choose Edit from context menu.

Clint

Thank you. Your advice got me to where I needed to be. I was not getting any of the dimensions in sketch mode to select them for editing. I was not selecting edit on the sketch.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Clint, just so you know, You can add callouts to the drawing views via the pop up menu

ADD HOLE CALLOUTS.jpg

or the RM menu.

RM menu.jpg

Once added you can edit any callouts

EDIT CALLOUT.jpg

to add any extra text or instructions:

ADD CALLOUT TEXT.jpg

You can then delete the manually added callouts.

DELETE MANUAL CALLOUTS.jpg

You can also select upper or lower case X from the Annotations section of the File Properties.

Upper or Lower Case X.jpg