What's new

Enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enhancements

Got some ideas for possible enhancements in Modeling API's? Please have your requests posted as replies to this post.

alexfranke

AnalyzeSketch() and FF_MERGE_FAILURE

(posted previously, but I thought I'd add them here for the record.)

Correct AnalyzeSketch() heal defect to allow healing of sketches through the API.

Correct FF_MERGE_FAILURE problem to allow complex splines to be extruded from the same plane as a surface.

alexfranke

Close loop option when inserting b-spline

Option to automatically close a b-spline curve (e.g. overlap first three control points with last three control points on a degree 3 curve).

...this would be more of a convenience than anything else since it can be done manually, so I'd put this at the bottom of my list.

alexfranke

Access to part properties

Provide access to the same part properties available under the description in File > Properties > General. This includes Comment, Cost Center, CreatedBy, Keywords, etc.

alexfranke

Complete IADHoleFeature stub

Several people so far have asked for custom functionality which requires having access to hole feature information, so this interface would be particularly useful to have.

Thanks,
Alex Franke

alexfranke

Provide support for non-clamped b-splines (ideally)

- OR -

Provide some way to identify and clip line segments programmatically.

For example, in order to mimic a non-clamped b-spline, I could draw the clamped b-spline and clip the curve segments that extend out to the starting/ending control points (say given a point and tolerance). This would only be helpful for simple curves or convex hulls, which is why it's not ideal.

-Alex

pem

New options

Hi

I would like to see in next realese API for Boolean feature and Configurations - it will be great improvment for me.

regards
Pem

eneyer

An array of lines: aka a polyline function.

Also a Helix feature. It doesnt seem to work for me in the interface either. It won't let me specify an axis...

Status
Not open for further replies.