What's new

Excessive Centerlines

Excessive Centerlines

I have an assembly that has several rollers in it.

For each roller:
the roller has a centerline;
the bearings in the end have a centerline(s);
the stubshaft/bolt has a centerline;
the washer has a centerline; and, finally,
the support frame hole for the stubshaft/bolt has a centerline.

In the Assembly Model this is not a problem, but in the Assembly Drawing, they are all stacked one on top of the other and it is a real mess. I tried deleting some of them in the isometric view, with some success. However, I would rather not have all of these excessive lines to begin with.

Is there any remedy for this? I just figured out how to use "Advanced Selector" to individually select the ones I want/need to delete. However, again, this is pretty tedious and time consuming.

Is there anyway not to have all these excessive lines, to begin with?

Thanks in advance! :)

BTW, I really am glad that I upgraded to Design Pro. The configurations alone were worth the upgrade. But, I must say that after ~20yrs of 2D AutoCad work, the 2D drawing portion of Alibre is rather challenging and frustating, sometimes. Take Custom Templates and Borders, for example.... well, that's a rather long topic (rant) for another time! :lol:

siggy

What I do is turn off the automatic centerlines (File -> Properties -> Detailing Tab -> Centerlines and Centermarks). This way you will get no centerlines when you create a new view. Then, I'll add centerlines manually (Highlight individual feature, right click ->Insert Center) to the circular features as necessary.

It's a bit of a pain if your part has many holes to center-mark but it generally is less messy than using the auto centerline functionality.

Robert

Re:

siggy said:
What I do is turn off the automatic centerlines (File -> Properties -> Detailing Tab -> Centerlines and Centermarks). This way you will get no centerlines when you create a new view. Then, I'll add centerlines manually (Highlight individual feature, right click ->Insert Center) to the circular features as necessary.

It's a bit of a pain if your part has many holes to center-mark but it generally is less messy than using the auto centerline functionality.

Robert

Great Robert!! Thank you very much!! I know that I read about that in the help section and manual, but sometimes things don't always "click" until someone points out a specific use to you. :D

Thanks again. Definite sounds like less mess/trouble than trying to delete the ones that you don't want.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Now, if you don't want to remember that for each new drawing: Do this in your drawing template, then save your template. Do this for the other settings too.