What's new

Expanded scripting access to the API via C#?

R-man

Has anyone have any ideas or plans on how they will use this expanded access to the API? I'd especially like to see a few practical examples. Most of the examples that are presented in the PDF are not applicable to the way I am using scripting.

For example, as it stands, all I can do is set a part's color but cannot set the edge color or color opacity, so it would be helpful to see how to set the opacity of a part using the advanced scripting access to the API.

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
If your using the API from an external C# program, you have the same level of internal access to Alibre core as the Alibre Script has ... plus some!

I use C# and C++ to access the API externally, which means I don't need to use scripting at all. An example of what you are specifically trying to achieve would be good.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Simon - he's referring to the new (in v21) ability to 'embed' C# code into scripts (for those things that Script doesn't give direct access to).

I'm not suggesting that's the way he should do it - just trying to clarify what I believe the OP is asking about.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Simon - he's referring to the new (in v21) ability to 'embed' C# code into scripts (for those things that Script doesn't give direct access to).

I'm not suggesting that's the way he should do it - just trying to clarify what I believe the OP is asking about.
Thanks David, it makes sense now. I wasn't aware you could now embed c# code in a script ... you live and learn!

R-man

Thanks for the input. I found ADPartSession.EdgeColor in the API help (along with other useful functions) so I think I'm launched. I'll be back with more questions if I run into hurdles.