What's new

Exploded view update

Uman

An exploded view was made from an assembly and saved. Later parts and orientation were changed & constrained, but the assembly exploded view does not update this change (nor does the associated drawing). The parts update, but the orientation does not. It is a rather large assembly and associated with a drawing/BOM, so I would prefer not to redo from scratch. What is the procedure to accomplish this task?

Thanks for any help,
Jeff in Florida

Uman

Regen does not correct the condition. The only correction was to delete all affected parts, re-install, constrain, and explode.
Is this a common problem with edit parts after explode?

Jeff

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Jeff, I made a small assembly and did an experiment.
The drawing is updated, as expected.
.... :roll:

P.S.
The attached may not be associated well, since they are exported from Vault and does not know each other...(not related, I guess)

Attachments

• ExplodedView.zip
    307.6 KB · Views: 73

cherkey

I've noticed this with Exploded View. If I change something in the assembly, position of part, or whatever, the Exploded View does not update. It's almost as if it's like a "configuration" of sorts and it's locked. You've made that first Exploded 'View' and it's that 'View' that remains.... I've found it irritating as well as I've had to re-do some Exploded Views because of this.

Uman

Some of the changed parts do update according to the model, but the assembly does not update a new constraint/position of the changed part. The updated part assumes the position of the original part.