What's new

Export bugs to Keyshot and 3dPdfs

Elrick

Some parts are missing when exported to keyshot and other corrupted when published to pdf.

GMD points out faulty or corrupted parts/files when published to 3dpdf and removes them outomatically. Others are still being exported but their appearance seems corrupted.

In keyshot I have custom fairings/fillets that doesnt seem to make the Bip file..?

Anyone who ran into these malfunctions before? Better to speak with support?

Im still stuck with version 15.0.1.15081 cause of the minimum amount of rendering trouble and other trouble over all. What could be expected upgrading to version 17?

Thanks

Attachments

• Fairing Mal 1.2.jpg
    Fairing Mal 1.2.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Fairing Mal 1.3.jpg
    Fairing Mal 1.3.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Fairing Mal 1.4.jpg
    Fairing Mal 1.4.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 15

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Which version of KeyShot are you using?

The reason I ask is that I had an issue with a STEP214 file that opened in KS 5.1 with a single face offset my a few mm. I was told be Luxion Support that it was fixed in 5.2. Once updated to 5.2 the file imported just fine.

Another bit of info for you; it has been posted on the KeyShot forum that 3DS is not using the latest KeyShot API for the GD KeyShot add on. I don't know if that would make much difference except that the latest API is supposed to introduce LiveLinking to GD. Who knows what else it will do. It would be nice to see though.

BTW, I did submit an enhancement request to 3DS Support to update GD to the latest KeyShot API.

Sorry but I can't help with the 3D PDF, that seems like a GD issue.

Elrick

Thanks Harold! I havent been using keyshot for a long time now. Still on version 4. I will update and give some feedback. Otherwise I'll forward this issue to support.