What's new

Export Part Design Explorer to AlibreScript

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi all,
What is the right way to export Part Design Explorer History to Alibre Script?
Will be great to safe time in doing a new Script.
Thanks in advance,
GIOV

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Not possible at the moment. Some things are not even available in the API yet.
Thanks very much Nate for your comment.
I hope the API will be fully available to improve the capabilities of the AD software and allow people like you to solve problems that for simple people like me are essential to making the job easy and effective.
GIOV

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
What is the desired outcome here? How would the capability be used, and to what end? There may be other ways to get the same or similar result.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
What is the desired outcome here? How would the capability be used, and to what end? There may be other ways to get the same or similar result.
What is the desired outcome here?
Make faster an script.
How would the capability be used, and to what end?
if you have a existing and complex Assemble and sub assemble that has thousand of GB, only you need a little GB stick that has the scripts to stored and will be reedited late. You understand? If you make the new script you will take days or months to finish instead of seconds to reproduce the model with some GP (GV) or configurations. To me Is the future.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, no - I don't really understand what you are looking for.

How does your need differ from simply using Save As from the existing assembly. Why the desire for a script?

GIOV

Alibre Super User
How does your need differ from simply using Save As from the existing assembly. Why the desire for a script?
Save as script and not the model that take more memory disk space. Later run the script doing some modification for a new model or send the model scripted by simple and secure e-mail.
The ideal is had a resource of scripts for many part and assembles at less memory disk.
Thanks for you interest.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
the 2 files in the explorer screenshot produce the same result...
So if I understand the need and use for the script, the scripts would actually be building the parts and then the scripts could be shuffled, dealt and
emailed as desired. Correct??

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
AFAIK the things that make Alibre part files so large are:

#1. A 3d mesh for fast rendering when opening files. This lets you see the model before it is calculated.

#2. A thumbnail image of the model for display in ms explorer and the Alibre Home window.

If you just want to save space just roll back your parts to the first item in the design explorer which reduces the complexity of the 3d mesh. That would be much easier than writing a script to completely reverse engineer all features of a part and assembly into a script.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
If you just want to save space just roll back your parts to the first item in the design explorer which reduces the complexity of the 3d mesh. That would be much easier than writing a script to completely reverse engineer all features of a part and assembly into a script.
That is new for me but I think the script allow you open a part or assemble without having the last AD version, for example the cube script that did for me idlsk days ago. This was made in ADV2019 and open faster in ADV11.2.
he 2 files in the explorer screenshot produce the same result...
Script: 1 KB
Part: 224KB

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Nate,
AFAIK the things that make Alibre part files so large are:
i think this too.
plus design history...
upload_2019-9-11_17-41-17.png
(the tiny little partfile with the 4 lines skript is appended:))

I believe that GIOV is thinking about a kind of "automatic skript generator" instead of manually writing skripts...

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• rectangle_exdruded.AD_PRT
    245.5 KB · Views: 1