What's new

Exporting Alibre Drawings to DWG

robdavis

I have the task of converting many Alibre designs to to 2D DWG files.

All is good and easy except that the scale does not translate.

A part that has say 10mm diameter has 30mm diameter when the scale is 3:1 on the Alibre drawing.

The actual dimension on the Alibre drawing translates OK but any new dimension is out by the scale factor.

Any glues on how to fix this ?

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
I think I used only 1:1 before exporting them.
Because of the same reason.

And whatever is written except some dimensions were useless, so I only exported the drawings alone.
:wink:

Jimpulse

Alibre Super User
My experience has been that the scale of the drawing and the dimensions translated work ok, but if you are to do subsequent dimensioning in another program you may have to configure the Dimension Style in THAT program to scale the new dimensions as they are drawn.
I'm no Autocad expert, but It seems to me that you can select dimensions already drawn (perhaps with an incorrect scale factor, font or whatever) and apply a new or modified Dimension Style to them and it should update as needed...no need to redraw the dimensions.

Where I have found a problem with AD -> DWG dimensions is the placement of text. For me, when Alibre DWGs are first opened in Autocad the dimesnsions appear mostly proper, but if I change anything about the dimensions, the dimensions will totally reposition as if some controlling point has been set to (0,0). If you zoom out with a dimension selected in ACAD, you can see this node ussually in the lower left corner.
I sure would like a fix for this ...since it means that I have to completely redimension DWG exports before sending to clients. For the record I am exporting from AD 12.1 into ACAD 2000, but I have seen the problem with other DWG compliant programs. (Sorry if this last paragraph appears to hijack the OP's thread)
-Jimpulse