What's new

Extrude cut to geometry (to edge or hidden face?)

euphnut65

Extrude cut to geometry (to edge or hidden face?)

I am trying to extrude cut a plate to make relief for a motor bearing protrusion in an assembly. If I try to extrude cut to geometry, it seems I can only select visible faces.

I would like to be able to extrude cut to the end of the motor protrusion face or edge, but is hidden and on another part.

For now I can just extrude to a depth since I know the depth, but I would like to do it the other way.

Thanks again,
Eric

cclark440

Alibre Super User

You should be able to rotate the part around to select the face that you want, or you could try the advanced selector from the popup menu.

euphnut65

Highlights, but does not apply

Thanks Clint, but as I move my mouse over the edge, it does change color like I can do something with it, however,if I click there, the edge is not added to the extrude to geometry field. I cannot select the desired face presumably since it is "hidden".

Eric

cclark440

Alibre Super User

The advanced selector should popup a little window with all of the possible elements that can be selected from the area the the pointer was over when it was called. You then move your mouse down the list until the element you want is highlighted on the screen, then click the line in the advanced selector window.

I hope I am gettign the point across correctly. I have seleced faces that are "hidden" many times.