What's new

EZ-CAM or similar

marsheng

I've been using Sheetcam for years but need to upgrade the software with my new machine.
Locally there does not seem to be too much on offer.

All my work is 2 .5 D.

I've looked at MeshCAM - very basic
SprutCAM - such a complex interface
and EZ-CAM which I like but I can't find any forums and phone support is via the USA. So far never got through and had had to leave messages.

Any suggestions on how to go forward?
PS I like to own the software so Fusion 360 is out.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
EZ_CAM lists several support locations

marsheng

Nothing in New Zealand or Australia.

Support seems to be limited to one person in the USA for me.

Do you use it ?

JimCad

I use Vectric Aspire but that's aimed at the wood industry. Don't know enough to say if it's of use to you.
Jim

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
No I'm not a user of EZ-CAM myself, but I am aware of it. Time zones obviously won't help you wit contacting USA.

Nick952

Have a look at CamBam

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I use SprutCAM and am up to Vesion 16. I believe that the UI has improved quite a bit since I 1st started using it at Version 4, though maybe my braiin is just got used to it over the years and versions. I do think thta it is pretty hard to find a CAM program with more features for the money. At present you can use the version you buy in perpetuity for no additional fee, so long as you computer and OS are compatible. Upgrades come out once every 180 months or so and are reasonably priced. The US re-seller is SprutCAMAmerica, which is part of Tormach, the CNC mill and lathe folks..

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I hope that's a typo because 15 years is a long time to wait.
Oops - that was supposed to be 18 months, give or take. I started using SC in 2006 or 2007 with SC 4 and they are now up to SC16, at least 10 upgrades since original purchase. They also make intermediate upgrades/bug fixes available for download on an on-going basis.