What's new

Facet resolution

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Does this setting actually do anything? I tried it on both coarse and fine - click apply and I can't see any difference.
Does it require a restart?
Facet.png Facets.png

slipstick

You may need to refresh the screen (F5) to redraw the scene.

This is the best my machine will do for faceting. Is this dependent on the video card? It's making it hard for me to judge part interactions in assemblies. You can see the rib inside the center window appear and disappear in the wall.

upload_2019-10-20_12-41-27.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what sets the limit for 'Fine' facet resolution. Can you share the file?

For the rib disappearing - try adjusting the 'hide small faces threshold' in the customise performance options for the design.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
This looks like an assembly. Open the part by itself and try doing as David suggests - F5 / or click the Generate to Last Feature button:
upload_2019-10-21_2-21-18.png

We've seen sometimes that for certain parts the faceting may not update occasionally. However opening it by itself and regenerating typically fixes the issue.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-21_2-21-3.png
    upload_2019-10-21_2-21-3.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 3

jhiker

Alibre Super User
This looks like an assembly. Open the part by itself and try doing as David suggests - F5 / or click the Generate to Last Feature button:
View attachment 28964

We've seen sometimes that for certain parts the faceting may not update occasionally. However opening it by itself and regenerating typically fixes the issue.
Yep - I think it was this. Facets not updating but regen/F5 improved it.

slipstick

View attachment 28964

Ok, when I actually closed out Alibre, then opened each part individually and set the Facet resolution, pressed F5, saved the file, then opened the assembly, it worked. For me, having the assembly open and then trying to set the facet resolution on each part even though I opened the part on its own and not through the assembly, didn't work.I'll just make it routine to set that for each file I start.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You can set a default set of design properties for all new parts - look for check box at bottom left of design properties.