What's new

"File not found" when trying to open a Drawing

Cad_MTAB

Hi!

I have been working with a dwg and then finished it and created another one aswell. Thereafter I tried to open the first one I made and "Version status" dialog box appears. It claims that the BOM and an ASM cant be found. I am a 100 percent sure that the directory is the right one. I have tried to save the two files in other folders and replaced the files that cant be found with these. When I do this the dots turn from red to green and I assume that means it is OK. But the problem is still present, I cant edit the BOM. I have to edit the BOM and now I dont know what to do.

Worth to mention is maybe that i used the already existing BOM as template in the second drawing I created.

Is there anyone out there who knows the solution to this problem or have som kind om hint on how to solve it, please post it here!

Thanks in advance

//Magnus

edit. i cant move or edit any of the standard views either. To sum up, i cant do anything in this drawing anymore

ecope

I have had the same thing happen to me several times. The drawing becomes useless and I have to start over and sometimes the same thing happens. I will find and load the files in question and all the green lights are ok, but still says it cannot find the file. I do not use the vault (?) to store my files, I just use my local hard drive. I wonder if that would make a difference?

Hope someone have an answer, because if this problem keeps happening I will have to look into another software package, which I do not want to do. But I am losing to much money re-doing work!

Eric

indesign

Alibre Super User
Are you using the same file in several drawings?

Have you tried renaming the file then when it asks selecting the new named file?

Is there a way you could upload all the files to test?

ecope

Are you using the same file in several drawings?
No. I am not using any of the files in anything but the one assembly.

Have you tried renaming the file then when it asks selecting the new named file?
Yes, but that does not help any.

Is there a way you could upload all the files to test?
No, these are project which require a NDA.

Thanks!

Eric

indesign

Alibre Super User
Can you mave the files to a sepperate system to test?

I have not had this happen where I could not fix (at least not yet). I have found it can cause problems when copying files from one location to another and then using in another file. I rename the original to a new name and then it allows me to select a new file.