What's new

File Revisions in Sheet Metal

Maavhamt

Hi, I have a sheet metal object made from a 3D part, basically a 3D trapezoid. I want to revise the 3D part, which will change the sheet metal part, but also keep the current version of the sheet metal object in case the revision doesn't work.

I can save a copy of the 3D object as it is now and then amend current file as desired, but if I want to go back to the current I will have to completely remake the sheet metal part.

Is there a way of swapping the "source" 3D object that feeds the sheet metal part, so I can keep the current version then make a new one?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Save All As from the sheet metal part will allow you to save the SMP and the source 3D part to a new location or names.

Add to this a General Statement of Revision Control -- I create an "Unload" sub-directory for each "level" of a Project." As each "level" is completed and accepted, I perform a SaveAll command and place everything into the "Unload" sub-directory. {This is often best performed from a Drawing file.] i then perform a Package command (adding both Revision level and date (as "yyyymmdd" as an integer) to the AD_PKG's name so that I can differentiate things later. Using the SaveAll As system makes everything go into my "current directory" when I "unPackage" it.