What's new

Filed incident related to Excessive Centerlines

Filed incident related to Excessive Centerlines

I appreciate the help on turning centerlines/centermarks on/off. Unfortunately, I ran into a bug that is causing a problem with doing this.

I have my 2D drawing template set up with centerlines and centermarks turned OFF. If I have multiple copies of the same part inserted into a model - the manner of insertion is irrelevant: one at a time, several at a time, or "insert duplicate" - and then make a 2D drawing of that model, I cannot ADD centerlines or centermarks to all of the copies of the part. Right-click on a circle (cylinder endview) and the "insert centermark" in the menu; select and a centermark appears; Right-click on a duplicate circles and the "remove centermark" appears, but not the "insert centermark"; click on the "remove centermark" command and the centermark on the first part disappears; Right-click on a duplicate part, again, and this time, the "insert centermark" command appears; click on "insert centermark" and a centermark appears back on first circle (not the one that I just selected for adding the centermark).

Same thing happens with centerlines and/or centermarks in side views and isometric views.

Also happens if I have template set with Centerlines/Centermarks turned ON, but erase them and then try to add them back!

:x Arrrrrrggggghhh!!

Anyone else notice this problem? I'm not sure that everyone has it, so it may be a glitch on my computer. If so, has anyone found the cure?? Alibre' sent it to a developer to be fixed, but it won't be available until the next maint. upgrade in July.

The only workaround for me, that I know of right now, is to turn centerlines and centermarks back ON and delete the ones that I don't want/need. This requires a lot "Advanced Selector" use and is a real PITB!

Any ideas/solutions or other workarounds?

Thanks! Still, even with my rant here, I must say that I am really enjoying Alibre', overall. Very powerful and very cost effective.

indesign

Alibre Super User

Have you tried holding the control key and selecting all the features you want to have enters at the same time. After they are all selected then right click to get the 'Turn on Center' on them all.

Just tried it, but that doesn't work either.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! :D

Acutally, I cannot select multiple items by using the ctrl key; I have to use the shift key to do it. I wonder if this is related to the problem I am having. Hmmmm......

lens_cad

I have created a "Visible Centerlines" layer in my drawing templates. I change the centerlines that I want to keep to that layer and then toggle the visibility of the original Centerline layer off. It works easily enough.

I only wish Alibre Design had the capability to drag the endpoints of centerlines to adjust the displayed length on drawings.

Len

indesign

Alibre Super User

Sorry about that...(so use to ctrl when individual selecting in other programs) you are correct that it is shift and that it does not work with the senario you have. The layers ideal is most likely the way to go.