What's new

Filet

papajoe41

I am trying to add a .093" filet to the corners of the circle and side. It seems that the program will only add a .500" radius. WhyScreenshot (106).png

JST

Alibre Super User
Alibre defaults to a 0.5" fillet for English units, but you CAN change that. Or are supposed to be able to.

Generally, if you select the edges, and then edit the 0.5" to whatever you want, it works fine.

If you do the reverse, setting the fillet, and then selecting the edges, it may revert back. However, if you set the fillet and then click in the window for selecting edges, the edit should be maintained.

If that is not acting correctly, then check to be sure you are doing things right.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Generally, if you select the edges, and then edit the 0.5" to whatever you want, it works fine.
+1 on this order of operations.

It seems like setting the correct fillet size has always been a bit backwards, you should be able to key in the fillet size before selecting the edges but that hasn't always worked for me.

Nick952

After changing the fillet size, press the "Tab" key and the new value will stick. This also works with other tools.

I think bigseb has mentioned this use of the "Tab" key, previously in another thread.

Last edited:

bigseb

Alibre Super User
After changing the fillet size, press the "Tab" key and the new value will stick. This also works with other tools.

I think bigseb has mentioned this use of the "Tab" key, previously in another thread.
Yeah this is useful a lot. I think I mentioned it in a thread re direct editing.

The worst culprit wrt to inputted values not sticking the the text tool. I can type a new hew value and it always jumps back the the default 25.4 :rolleyes: