What's new

Fillet tool in sketch mode using Atom3d

PAndrade

I've had this issue for quite some time and its been a nuisance that I want to correct.

When I'm sketching and using the fillet tool here is the problem I'm having -

1. Select the the Fillet tool and I get the dialog box which defaults to .500 radius, typically.
2. I change this value before selecting where to place the fillet to lets say .125
by swiping the .500 to .125.
3. I then select my first line to fillet and when I do this the default value of .5 replaces
the .125 value I entered which I have to then re-enter.
This is just a nuisance but I was just watch a YouTube video presented by Joko Engineering and I'm
doing it the same was but he is not having this issue.

Just curious if anyone else has/had this problem.

Thanks,
Peter

Ken226

Alibre Super User
That still gets me occasionally too.

After entering .125 the first time, tab out of the field and it'll take root.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
After entering .125 the first time, tab out of the field and it'll take root.
That seems to be a common thing with many edit fields in Alibre. They only 'accept' the change if they are tabbed away from. Often, the expected behaviour is if the field looses focus by the user clicking on another field, as most applications do. Alibre doesn't quite meet this expectation in many places and it still catches me out, especially after working intensively in other applications! The newer equation editor has improved in this regard in recent releases, hopefully other dialogs, etc will follow suit.

BigKahunaFL

This is probably why so many programs (at least Windows based) have that annoying "APPLY" button in their dialog boxes. Many of them required that you clicked on it before you could select the "OK" button.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
This is probably why so many programs (at least Windows based) have that annoying "APPLY" button in their dialog boxes. Many of them required that you clicked on it before you could select the "OK" button.
The 'Apply' is so that you can see the effect of your changes without closing the dialog in case you want to make further adjustments. If you hit Cancel, the changes you applied should still get reverted back. 'OK' is generally 'Apply' and 'Close'. If you have to 'Apply' before you select 'OK', then that's just a bad program that doesn't follow "Microsoft UI Design Guidelines" or the "User experience guidelines for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps"!

Here's a snippet from the Dialogs section in the document "Microsoft - UX Guide - Design Principles" ...

1652288346152.png

... and, for completeness, the very latest Design Guides for Win10/11 ... "Windows - App - Design Guide".

Last edited:

BigKahunaFL

Good information; I stand corrected. I wouldn't doubt that the software was non-compliant. Then again, maybe it's my memory that has gone the way of the proverbial Dodo bird…

Sorry for intruding.