What's new

[Fixed] - [V21] Model not always redrawn when moving dog bone

simonb65

Alibre Super User
If you move the dog bone down the feature tree, it doesn't always refresh and redraw the model or update the tree to reflect the features now included by the dog bone! ...
upload_2020-4-9_22-20-36.png

It appears that if you drag the dogbone and release the mouse over the dogbone it works ok. But if you drag down until the dogbone stops but the mouse goes into the whitespace below it (other tree items deselected), then the issue manifests itself ...
upload_2020-4-9_22-24-32.png
RED area = OK, BLUE area = fail to update tree and model.

domcm

That is a good catch. It seems to work more consistently if you have a drawing tree entry displayed at the bottom of the feature tree as shown below.

tree.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It does, but it behaves differently in that when you release the mouse in whitespace, i.e. below the last tree item, the dogbone returns back to the point at which you initially picked it up from! It doesn't stay at the furthest point down the feature tree.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It appears that the 'OnDrag' and 'HoverOver' detection is not looking at whitespace (just really needs to look at the cursorY being greater than the last feature tree item bottom Y). It triggers a 'No Entry' cursor if you hover over the last tree item, but if that item isn't there, the trigger never happens! Simple fix for the developers.

tk1247

@Max, looks like you fixed this in 21031. :)
simonb65,
Doesn't look fixed in my installation of 21031, as I understand what the issue is. When I drag the dogbone up it positions where the cursor is, not where the dogbone comes to rest (hover over whitespace vs dogbone). When I drag it down to the bottom, it only releases at the bottom if you hover over the dogbone and it turns orange. Is that normal/fixed or am I not understanding the issue?
Tom

simonb65

Alibre Super User
@tk1247, compared to 21030, 21031 now does what I would expect it to do. in 21030 it was really messed up (see my top posts).

UP Direction...
In 21031 if you drag the bone upwards, it will only let you drop it below the first item in the feature tree. If you take the cursor any further up, you get a 'No Drop' cursor and the bone goes blue. If you try and drop, it returns to its original start position. This was also the case in 21030.

DOWN direction...
If you drag down, now this depends on whether you have tree items below the features ... if you don't, the bug was that it would drop the bone at the last position, but wouldn't update the model (i.e. the UI changed, but the model didn't register the bone had actually changed!). That is now fixed and behaves as I would expect it to. If you have other sections below Features, as in the upwards direction, you get a 'no drop' cursor and a blue dogbone. The bone returns to the start position if you try and drop over a non Feature item.

So, for me it's fixed in 21031 (it does what I would expect from other windows treeview based drag/drop operations) and was broken/unpredictable in 21030.