What's new

Flange to Cone

JL82

How I can add the flange to cone? Do I have to create part at first and convert to sheetmetal?

Attachments

• Lofted.AD_SMP
    260 KB · Views: 9
  • Lofted.JPG
    Lofted.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 3

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Unfortunately you cannot add a flange to a conical sheet metal part. And I haven't found a way to convert a conical part to sheet metal. I suppose it's because GMD sheet metal is designed for straight brake forming while conical are more rolled process.

You may be able to cheat the system a bit by creating your cone without flanges then, in the 2d drawing, sketch them in. Not having done this I am not sure how that would work out. You would need to know the Bend Allowance/Deduction for the proposed bend in so you get the correct flat pattern.

JL82

HaroldL said:
Unfortunately you cannot add a flange to a conical sheet metal part. And I haven't found a way to convert a conical part to sheet metal. I suppose it's because GMD sheet metal is designed for straight brake forming while conical are more rolled process.

You may be able to cheat the system a bit by creating your cone without flanges then, in the 2d drawing, sketch them in. Not having done this I am not sure how that would work out. You would need to know the Bend Allowance/Deduction for the proposed bend in so you get the correct flat pattern.

Thanks. I created the new configuration and added material for the flange on the flat pattern.