What's new

Flat Washer (disc) with a periodic wave on the OD

Alibre Cognoscenti,

I want to make a part similar to a wave washer. It's a disc, located in the XY plane.
Thickness: 5 mm
OD: 200 mm
Center Hole diameter: 30 mm
The disc is completely flat from the center point out to a radius of 50 mm,.
From the 50 mm radius circle, out to the edge of the disc (100 mm radius) there is a sine wave whose:
1. Amplitude (Z axis) increases from 0mm at the 50mm radius circle to 15 mm at the 100 mm radius outer edge.
2. Period is 2/7*pi(), that is, 7 complete up-and-down sine waves occur as you rotate around the outer edge.

So, this part isn't too crazy, it's sort of like an old LP vinyl record that got left in the sun too long: now it has 7 bumps in it jostling the stylus needle as the record turns!

No kidding, I've been at this all afternoon and evening and I just can't make the part. Would someone please give me a hand and point me in the right direction?

Thanks very much!
Dave

Hi Ralf,
Thank you very much for the search string suggestion! There is indeed a lot of helpful posts on this subject.
Best regards,
Dave

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
I have search as Ralf adviced, but nowbody have made a washer as you want with a flat center section.
My former post was only a hint.
To dayI had time and have made a more precise part

Attachments

• WawedWasher.AD_PRT
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
Oldbelt,

Thank you so much! This is much more than a suggestion or a pointer, you have actually completed the part for me! I have saved your part and examined all the individual elements; I understand how you accomplished it. I am certain that if I need to make changes in the design I will be able to edit your part correctly.

Bedankt voor uw hulp, ik stel het zeer op prijs!

Beste wensen,
David

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Ralf in what way have I offended you.
I can't understand it, but if I have I am very sorry for it.