What's new

Fonts?

lugton

Any ideas about displayed fonts? Regardless of what font I have set for dimensions etc., it displays as Arial - yet it PRINTS in the correct font. What have I set wrong?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Any ideas about displayed fonts? Regardless of what font I have set for dimensions etc., it displays as Arial - yet it PRINTS in the correct font. What have I set wrong?
Are you really sure you'vd changed ALL the fonts? One gripe i've had for a while is that there isn't a single global setting for the FontFamily. For example, I use 'Miso' Font and the number of places you have to change it is a nightmare. You, like me, have probably missed the a few settings that are still showing as the default 'Arial'.

lugton

Thanks Simon; I had checked that, as it had been a bit of problem in the past - agree that a global setting would be nice - I'll keep investigating. Interesting and probably coincidental that it has only happened since HOOPS. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue: might be something weird with fonts in W10?

Thanks again

lugton

Sorry all - problem solved. It seems that somehow the fonts ended up in a folder that Alibre didn't recognize. Something to watch.

BTW - how did you end up with KeyShot 9.2 Simon?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
how did you end up with KeyShot 9.2 Simon?
Just downloaded Keyshot 9 directly from the Keyshot website and installed it. The license is picked up from Alibre so Keyshot becomes the restricted 'for CAD' version. Then 9.2.86 was an in application update from within keyshot. There doesn't seem to be any difference in the keyshot installer for the various versions. Its all licence controlled.

https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/

The plugin for Alibre to talk to Keyshot is installed by Alibre (which I think installs the licence too), so a new virgin install of Alibre v2019 and keyshot 9.0 in a new laptop just worked. Both have since been updated to v21.0.1 and 9.2.86 by in application updates.

Last edited: