What's new

For Sale V10

f12

For Sale V10

I am interested in selling a copy of Alibre Design Professional that expires 8.18.08.

A contract I was working on went sour and I have no use for holding on to this software.

Thanks,
Minh Nguyen

f12

Yes, I am the original owner.

I am trying to get details on how to transfer licenses from Alibre.

I am asking for $925, which includes the training videos from 9.2

gregmilliken

EULA disallows license transfer

Hi Folks,

Sorry to put a damper on this discussion, but our End User License Agreement ("EULA") was updated with V10 to disallow transferring a license of Alibre Design.

For reference, here is the operative clause from the EULA:

Software Transfer. You may not sell or transfer the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

-Greg

caduser1

Re: EULA disallows license transfer

gregmilliken said:
Hi Folks,

Sorry to put a damper on this discussion, but our End User License Agreement ("EULA") was updated with V10 to disallow transferring a license of Alibre Design.

For reference, here is the operative clause from the EULA:

Software Transfer. You may not sell or transfer the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

-Greg

:shock: WHY THE CHANGE IN POLICY :?: :?: :?:

scarr

The biggest I can think of is to maintian the value of the license and software for all users. Microsoft won't allow you to transfer copies of their software for much the same reason.

hartlw

Alibre Super User

It would seem the licence that applies is the one the purchaser agreed to when they bought it, so f12 should be able to sell. No?

Is there really a commercial condsideration? Look at e-bay "completed items-" nothing. I can remember a few all year. Really a tribute to Alibre.

scarr

If the owner of the software upgraded to V10 then the V10 EULA would apply. Greg knows lots more about this than we do, and I'd trust what he says. No CAD vendor I know of allows the transfer of licenses from one owner to another.

hartlw

Alibre Super User

Still not clear. Say I bought f12's software. Could I install it and upgrade to V10 via maintenance? It sounds like I could upgrade to V10 but not sell to anyone else.

caduser1

Re:

scarr said:
The biggest I can think of is to maintian the value of the license and software for all users. Microsoft won't allow you to transfer copies of their software for much the same reason.

The biggest reason I can think of is that they want you to buy a new license--- More sales for Alibre and Microsoft, etc... :idea:
Not too fare to the end user who wants to sell though.
Their investment now becomes worthless. :shock:

f12

I guess I need to sharpen my sales skills to get another job that I could use the software.