What's new

Forum Access Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seppsche

Hi delboy,

delboy said:
I can only conclude that the problems with the forum are the same as our not very nice spring. GLOBAL WARMING.
You believe in the third stage of a bit: Zero - One - Perhaps
Sometimes i believe in that third stage either. :wink:

But the forum speed problem isn't caused by this third stage.
If (at the same time) you can download the installation packages at full speed and the forum speed is a snail then you will not believe in a speed problem on your side of the line.

keyepitts

Yes, it's all crystal clear now, it's not Alibre's forum server that's having issues,it's every other computer in the world thats screwed up. :roll:
I'm still experiencing slow or no loading on the mac, and slow loading on my windows boxes.
Hmmm, global warming affecting the internet. Definitely sounds like Al Gore (creator of both the internet and global warming :roll: ) is involved in this somewhere.

rollin45

keyepitts said:
Yes, it's all crystal clear now, it's not Alibre's forum server that's having issues,it's every other computer in the world thats screwed up. :roll:
I'm still experiencing slow or no loading on the mac, and slow loading on my windows boxes.
Hmmm, global warming affecting the internet. Definitely sounds like Al Gore (creator of both the internet and global warming :roll: ) is involved in this somewhere.

He is, and you will be getting a bill for this before very long. :mrgreen:

rollin'

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
delboy said:
Not this year I am still in Jumpers and long trousers and after hearing on the news that there are several large icebergs off the south coast of NZ.
Oh, that could be the reason why I can still enjoy sunny days at our side of the hemisphere.

But I wonder, how come I am getting fair access speed here.
Is it getting worse as soon as winter gets colder...?

memiles

I'm sorry for going back on topic but is this issue going to be addressed by Alibre? I'm going back home to "Seattle" and with this issue my HP will be going home rather than the Mac.

Mike

scarr

The Forum e-mail I'm used to receiving disappeared for a while then came back. That happens from time to time (sun spot cycle perhaps) but no issue with anything else. Oh, and Ma Nature doesn't care about computers, or global warming, or the stock market, or what anyone thinks about any of it, only we do;-) What we need are biological computers, oh wait I am one... :lol: and my operating system is fairly stable... :lol: although it does have occassional periods when it needs it's cache cleared! On a more serious note, yeah right, The MS Dark Lords have been pushing out 'upgrades' for XP and such over the last few weeks, which means our security applications have probably been struggling to keep up. We have one at the other place I work that was so jacked up it was refusing to let people into the web based time keeping system for two days-they call it Web Washer-it's turning out to be a total hose job.

keyepitts

Ths problem doesn't seem to affect Windows as much as it does Mac OS-X. I can access the forum acceptably with a pure windows os but when I use Mac, I have to disable all Java, etc. and I still have to wait for a long time (several minutes per page) for a page to load; which often only partially loads. I'm not very conversant with the different ways that Apple and MS Windows load internet content but there is obviously a difference. If I get some free time this weekend I'll try adjusting some network settings on my mac and see if I can make any improvements. Maybe MTU setting or something? I really dislike using windows IE on the internet; mainly because I can't remember how to use its spellchecker. And yes, Apple Safari on Windows seems to access the site fine on my Windows computers. I have had NO problems wih ANY other sites on the internet, only Alibre, PERIOD. I really think they need to look into this.

scarr

That's my wife's job :lol: You knew that was coming, admit it :wink: The forum is still loading quickly and without a hitch-I'm trying to stay on topic :shock: :D

delboy

scarr said:
The forum is still loading quickly and without a hitch

Is it?

It certainly is not down here. I know we are the end of the world and if you go any further you will fall off the edge, but the Forum at the moment is a complete waste of time I have not been able to see page two of this post since Friday so I really don't know what has been written after my last post on Friday 20th.

Alibre has to fix it like fast. It is ridiculous, my wife goes on two different web sites, one in New York and one in London. Instant fire up no problems so it is not our system that is at fault.

Delboy

delboy

Hi Steve

Thanks for your suggestions. Still would not fire up 100% using the addresses you suggested. I have discovered that I can fool the forum by selecting "post reply" I then get all the posts connected the the thread.

Most interested in your comments about X P upgrades. I have a customer who uses Alibre on Vista. Next time I see him I will see if he is having problems with the forum.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Delboy.

scarr

You're quite welcome. Sorry it didn't help. I was curious to see if the URL's differed and if that made a difference. Maybe we'll see some movement towards resolving this issue this week-I'm also wondering if the level of internet traffic is to blame. With the holidays approaching maybe consumer traffic is garnering a bigger chunk of the bandwidth-I'm past being surprised by what can be done when vast sums of money are involved. :shock:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
All,

Just wanted to give a brief update - we are aware of the sporadic access issues and are working to resolve them. We have been in the process of re-architecting some key systems on the back end of everything and this has had some random side effects. We will have everything running smoothly as soon as possible.

IT Employees will no longer be allowed to have water pistol fights in the server room
Actually, we find that soaking an insolent computer in water is a good way to let it know that you mean business. We have a 80% success rate with this form of discipline relegated to only the most offensive boxes.

Max

Seppsche

Hi Max,
sorry, but i want to ask you directly: Is something wrong with Alibre?
In your native company forum we - the paying customers- have to complain over one week until somebody (you?) comes out of the bush and confirmed that there is any problem.

I - and i'm sure not being alone- want to tell you that we want more representation of you and other officials in the forum urgently!
What's the worth of a company forum if the most important part fails to be present - the officials.

If you had confirmed problems early in the last week we didn't have to read such rubbish like "it's ok on my Mac" or "replaced my modem and now it's better" ...
Please adjust your priorities and give yourselve a bigger forum time slot.

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
I've been having trouble accessing the forum through IE8 and have tried clearing cookies and temporary files.

BUT I'm able to access via the Firefox browser on the same computer easily. :!: :?:

Seppsche

Hi,
i use firefox V3.5x - bad performance here.
Firefox, IE8, Opera, this doesn't matter! The start of the problems can be pinned to the date of server maintenance by Alibre.
It's obvious that they first have to care about the changes made on the Alibre side.
It's nearly unbelievable how fancifulness some useres seek for a possibility that the error can be localized on their side. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.