What's new

Forum access slow?

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Forum access slow?

Is it just me or has there been a problem with the forum over the past couple of days?

Lately it's been taking as long as a couple of minutes to link to a posted topic.

Mike

MilesH

Alibre Super User

No, it's not just you. This forum has always been slow, for me, but recently it's got worse.

Miles

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I don't know what causes it, but sometimes it takes much longer to load then other times. This has always been the case for me.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

Thanks - I was beginning to wonder if a virus had somehow wormed it's way into my system, but the speed of all other web access seems normal.

Today (Saturday morning), the access speed seems fine. Maybe the forum resides on the same server that is used for Alibre-supplied repository space. I'd guess that server would busier on weekdays.

Mike

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

For me, forum access has always been very fast. I did notice it got significantly slower just after the Xpress release. I suspected that serving so many aditional users would be the reason.

....and yes, today (sunday afternoon) access is swift as it had always been...

steved

Forum access

I dont know how the rest of you guys are getting on but this problem seems to be getting worse. :?

Cheers

Steve

euphnut65

Re: Forum access

steved said:
I dont know how the rest of you guys are getting on but this problem seems to be getting worse. :?

Cheers

Steve

Yes, I even get timeouts fairly often. Then again, it's always been fairly slow for me.

Eric

MilesH

Alibre Super User

For me, most of the time, it takes longer to access a post than it does to read it :shock:

Miles

The consensus is building;
I just logged on CMT @ 4:38pm and received a
timeout message from my Internet Explorer manager.
I have noticed this many times during "business hours"
& less so on the weekends.
Weekday nights are troublesome too.
archi

jemmej

I'll add my vote for a degradation of forum access times and timeout errors. It happens quite a lot and used to only happen very rarely before. I'm sure its just a server load issue but maybe this thread will make sure that Alibre is aware of the extent of the problem (and that it is not an isolated issue).

Jim

siggy

I just don't understand how these problems can be left unresolved week after week and month after month. After all, this is a very public face of Alibre and one would think that error riddled forums would be a major embarrasment to the company. It has gotten so bad that I am now actually surprised when I can view a post on the first attempt...

Robert

ADMINISTRATOR COMMENT: Forum Performance Problems

Forum users,

We have received your reports of slow performance and timeouts while accessing the user forums. We are currently looking into the problem and will update you as we make changes to the forum to improve your experience and the overall performance of this service.

Best regards,
Alibre Administrator

gregmilliken

Forum Performance

I just want to let you all know this has been elevated and resolving it is a priority for us. It does appear related to the load on the server so we're hopeful we can get it addressed quickly by moving it to another server.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Greg Milliken
CEO
Alibre, Inc.

steved

Forum access speed

I just checked out the improved forum performance, no errors for the first time in months and very fast, thank you Alibre.

Cheers

Steve