What's new

Forums should be working now...

Seppsche

Hi,
i can notice a markable speed increase today, the login and the build up of the forum index is quite fast.

So good so far, but the problems with pictures mentioned by HaroldL above this thread article are the same here.
Big problems to get a full picture, the loading stocks. Severeal refreshes can be helpful, but regularly it's impossible to get a full zoomed picture.

memiles

I seem to be working just fine today. First time in quite some time I am able to use my Mac with the forums, and this is from 30,000 feet in the air!!

Isn't tech. grand!

Mike

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Update from Alibre Support...They are aware of the issue and are working to have a solution soon.

I just tried to down load a sheet metal part file from Garet to see if I could help him with his issue, but it took so long that it timed out and failed to complete the down load, three times. :shock: :shock:
Not a good sign.

H.
v12.0

paulg

They are working fine for me this morning. Running FIrefox on a Mac. Also working fine with Safari.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
I've been having problems downloading files, too. It downloads half the file and then stops. Sometimes it will finish the download, after a long pause, sometimes not.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
For the most part it is quick here on DSL in central WI USA but I still have an issue with it stopping or pausing in the middle of downloads including pictures.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently there are still issues - they are affecting more than just the forums. It is a top priority for us right now.

We will keep you posted.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Maybe it is MS updates. It always seems to happen when they are trying to sell a new version of Windows. :roll:

Seppsche

Hi Tim,
the problem lies inside Alibre, it's not a problem of windows or mac, not a problem of the browser, not a problem of the local dsl provider, not a problem of the firewall, ..... - this is an exclusive Alibre problem!

In Nov 24. Max asked "Anyone still seeing slowdowns?"
Until today Dec 21. we suffered 4 weeks and nobody felt himself appointed to confirm their well known problems. Seems as we weren't worth the time to get informed about such serious restrictions. :evil:

I can't believe why severeal forum members claimed they have good speed. I'll use this thread as lookup list for usernames when a somehow critical thread get's diluted by the suspect persons.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Robin-Hood_full_article_vertical.jpg
:wink:

indesign

Alibre Super User
:lol:

I have very good speed right now. Not sure what tomorrow will bring though.

The remark I made was not in ignorance. I do know of the issues they have but was joking that maybe they have had similar issues as we have had here. Our computers slowed to a halt on our XP and Vista systems.

Come to find out that an issue between the latest MS updates and the new version of our anti-virus software was for some reason causing the problem. My goal of course is to always blame MS but we did have to remove AVG from those systems to regain any speed. It appears as though the OS and AVG are fighting for who gets control of read/write privileges. :roll:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tim,
the problem lies inside Alibre, it's not a problem of windows or mac, not a problem of the browser, not a problem of the local dsl provider, not a problem of the firewall, ..... - this is an exclusive Alibre problem!

In Nov 24. Max asked "Anyone still seeing slowdowns?"
Until today Dec 21. we suffered 4 weeks and nobody felt himself appointed to confirm their well known problems. Seems as we weren't worth the time to get informed about such serious restrictions. :evil:

I can't believe why severeal forum members claimed they have good speed. I'll use this thread as lookup list for usernames when a somehow critical thread get's diluted by the suspect persons.

Seppsche,

The problem is not constant - when a user reports not seeing the problem I seriously doubt they are lying. It happens intermittently, and has been increasing in the last week or so. Please do not insinuate that other forum members are not telling the truth. Secondly, the problem *is* happening more on non-Windows based browsers. We have confirmed this. We cannot explain why, but it is definitely happening. I assure you there is not a conspiracy of forum users to prevent this from surfacing.

If you would like to discuss it, please contact me at maxf@alibe.com instead of implying that other users are either incompetent or not telling the truth.

Max

Seppsche

Hi Max,
thank you for answering.
At the beginning we "told" that there must be a strange problem but after severel days/weeks of "Alibre silence" the only way to get heared is to complain about that annoying situation.Of course you could not answer to every post, but after several day's of observing the reports of a mysterious speed problem we need a confirming feedback that there could be a problem in Alibre city.

If you had confirmed this in a short sentence over the last weeks then the - so called diluters (sorry for the word, i'll go out of that habit) - wouldn't have written so much irritating posts about good speed and local problems.

Max, please try to understand me, if you have ugly speed the hole day over several days/weeks and if in the next post you read "good speed" and "change browser", "check firewall", "try mac" etc. - and if this is combined with the mentioned "Alibre silence", what would you think about?

Therefore i want to repeat: Please give yourself a bigger timeslot for the forum - a short statement is much better than observing silence.
If Alibre is more present in the forum by officials than we have a win-win situation. My intention is - and was- always to bring Alibre and the forum further.

so long, just my 2ct's

GaretDH

I am not a mod, nor do I play one TV. Alibre also doesn't need me to defend them. Just to be clear, however, I understand that these are the Alibre Design "User Groups". While the good folks at Alibre do take time out of their busy day to come in here and keep us updated, they are under no obligation to do so. This is where we come to get info and help from other users, which is what this thread has been full of up to now.

Personally, while I'm grateful for Alibre's presence in these boards, I'm just as happy knowing they're working on the very real issues regarding the actual design package we have come here for. That's time better spent, as far as I'm concerned. These boards are a courtesy to us, the users.

-Garet