What's new

Frequent crashes when editing sketch dimensions. What's up?

kineoptics

I am now experiencing frequent crashes while editing several sketches while in one assembly. It crashes it two ways. One is a dimension edit box gets stuck and return will not close it. I must then force quit. Another crash happens when finishing an edit to a sketch when clicking the sketch icon to get out of sketch mode. What could be the cause of this? Here are some possibilities.

I have noticed that AD has put some invisible constraints on lines and I have to delete the line and re-draw it to get it to move. Could these be a cause? I read on another post that this is normal and some users use the control key to sketch without these hidden constraints. But then one has to re-constrain the whole thing. Do many sketch like this? Is it easier to control and keep track of what is going on by manually constraining everything?

Also, I just installed the new Dell Nvidia driver for the M70, could be an issue but not sure.

steved

Crashes

I was recently experiencing unusual crashes when editiing 2D drawings, in my case it would repeatably freeze when trying to edit template text, my problems were resolved by downloading the latest driver for my Nvidia card, since then I have had no further problems.

Cheers

Steve