What's new

Geomagic Design to VisualCAM for Geomagic 4th axis?

KMoffett

Brand new to 4th axis operation. I don't even have the hardware yet. I've gone through the tutorials in VisualCAM for Geomagic, but I don't see how the examples were created in Geomagic Design. I can't find any tutorials in Geomagic Design for 4th axis development

Attached

In Ring1, I don't see how these features were created. In Ring2 it looks like the entire surface of what looks like multiple features is treated as one feature.

(Sudden light bulb lights!) Were these created in some other Geomagic product?

Ken

Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.0.0 ] 32-bit
VisualCAM for Geomagic Version: 5,0,0,1

Attachments

• Ring1.png
    Ring1.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Ring2.png
    Ring2.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 8

fabcadmz

The tutorials for Visual CAM would come from Mecsoft. They are probably imported into Geomagic Design as a .step or similar. Ring2 was almost certainly modeled in another program. I did find an old 4th axis tutorial from AlibreCAM 3 that was modeled completely in Alibre.
btw.. where did you find the tutorials for VisualCAM 2015?

Attachments

• 4AxisPocketing_1_Completed.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

KMoffett

Wow, that's my Ring1. I couldn't find any information on 4th axis operations at all in Geomagic Design's current help or tutorial files. The images came from a link in "VisualCAD for Geomagic" popup window that appears when you open Geomagic Design...with Mecsoft's dongle plugged in. I was told to use the links in the start-up popup window. Looks like there is a gap in the integration of the two program's tutorials. Guess I'll have to contact 3DS about this. Most of the help buttons ...[?]... in Visual CAM for Geomagic don't work.

Thanks fabcadmz, that's a big help. Now maybe I can see what they did.

Ken