What's new

Geomagic Elements AddOn-Manager don't find my DLL

Hallo,
I have wrote a new tool for Alibre (Gemogic Design Elements) but Geomagic ignore the:

it don't read adc-file:

AlibreDesignAddOn specificationVersion="1" friendlyName="OHS BOM for Geomagic">
<Author name="<"Owen Haefker Software" link="http://www.ohsoft.de"/>
<DLL loadedWhen="Startup" location="geomagicbom.dll"/>
<Copyright> CopyRight 2013 Owen Haefker Software, Germany</Copyright>
<Icon location="geomagicbom.ico"/>
<PersistentData StreamName="GeomagicAddOn_Data"/>
<Menu text="BOM for Geomagic"/>
<Description> Create a Part List from a Part File (loaded AD_PRT File) with Boolean Designs, and create a Partlist from Boolean designs</Description>
<Workspace type="Part"/>
<Property name="Identifier" value="{D1D7FB80-B8A5-4a00-A605-B0EF03DB5513}"/>
<MenuFile loadedWhen="Startup"/>
</AlibreDesignAddOn>

The Problem is on both Versions of Geomagic Design (32 + 64 Bit) on two different PC.
My actually Geomagic Version is 2014.
:evil:
Can any help me?

Best regeards ,
Owen

Attachments

• regedit.png
    regedit.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 380

Pls

Try using "Invoke" instead of "Startup". Then start up Geomagic 2014 and select Tools => Add-on Manager from the menu bar.
If the .adc file is read properly you should see you AddOn in the Add-on Manager. If you use an Icon you should see it in the list.
Try to start the Add-On when it is invoked from the AddOn toolbar. You might get an error with a message that could indicate what is wrong with your -dll.
This way you can find out if you eventually have an error in your .dll concerning the connection to Geomagic.
My guess is that you .adc file is OK but the connection with the .dll is not set up properly.

Let me know if your AddOn Works. I also tried to connect to Gemagic without success, also using Geomagic 2014. My .adc file was read and worked. However I could not connect to Geomagic with the -dll using C++.

I hope this helps to narrow down the Problem.

Kind regards.

heyheyjc

Might want to check this line...

<Author name="<"Owen Haefker Software" link="http://www.ohsoft.de"/>

...I'm not sure how that would parse.

Jake