What's new

Geomagic stuck in file locaton that it cannot find

normc

Not sure how to explain this however currently I ( as of this morning) I cannot open, save, save-as, any file that I was working on yesterday. When I try to either open, save, save-as any file, a pop-up comes up saying that a particular file's location is unavailable:

"C:\Users\Norm\Documents\VC760-Universal wall Bracket refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive or this computer, or on the network. Check make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again. If its till cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location."

The issue is that it does not matter what file I try to open in my Geomagic CAD file directory. it always stays locked in to this particular file. Any recommendation on how to fix this?

Thanks

Norm

Dave H

So, from the GEM, > Open > Navigate to a different file than mentioned in the message, highlight it, and click on Open gives you this exact error all the time with that file name, not the file name you clicked on?

If you are a little adventurous you can delete the user.NET Profile file. That might reset things. Worked for me when I could not import stl files. That was suggested to me by GM support. I have included the instructions for that at the bottom.

You can contact GM Support and open a ticket.

Email:

Americas: geomagic.support.americas@3dsystems.com
Europe: geomagic.support.emea@3dsystems.com

Phone:
United States (Toll Free): +1.800.251.5551
Americas: +1.919.447.8210
Asia: +86.21.6432.0776
Europe: +49 (0)711.719.178 90
UK: +44 (0)871.5000.221
-------------------------------------------------------------
Deleting the .NET user profile will reset the options responsible for these issues back to default settings.
To delete your .NET user profile:
1. Navigate to:

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Alibre Design\User_name\

Windows Vista/7
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Alibre Design\User_Name

2. Delete the "user.NET Profile" file in that folder and restart Alibre.

You will lose any custom settings you have and have to reset them.

normc

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I think I found the problem. During some of my shuffling of files, I inadvertently renamed the CAD folder that "stucked" file was in. So no matter what I did, it could not find that file again and locked GM from doing anything.

So thanks again. I will keep your suggestion on file so next time I get an issue like this I will give it a try.

Norm