What's new

Geomagic vs Autodesk Fusion 360

DoosanMan

My time to renew my subscription for Geomagic is coming up. I am happy with it and like it.............Works well for making drawings up for some of our machine shop customers. However, Autodesk keeps emailing me about Fusion 360 and the monthly charges are about the same as my subscription fees to Geomagic. Does anyone have any input on Autodesk Fusion 360?

rbarr110

I bought Alibre PE before the Geomagic transition. I never did a maintenance subscription. I have got to the point where I am decent with using Alibre, but hated how it was only available on one computer, lacked built in CAM, and built in surfacing tools.

I had been on the fence whether or not to upgrade to the more expensive version to get access to more features and multiple computer access. I would still have to buy addon CAM features as well.

I am glad I waited, instead of dropping $2000 and annual maintencace, I can get all the features I wanted in one package for $300 a year with Fusion 360. A bit of a learning curve (not too bad) but at the savings I could get 7 years+ of Fusion, vs 2 years of current Geomagic products. Not to mention AutoCAD/Autodesk products is one the most universal used CAD products.

Later Geomagic, its almost been swell.

dammerel

hi
i have been using F360 for a while. the 2d drawing is not as good as GM but the price is good $300 or $1200/year
i use and pay the $300/year. the product roadmap is on the webpage, have a look
be aware that the files are stored in the cloud only (at this stage). which i have had no issues with so far
i also have GM Geomagic Design™ 2014 with no maintenance

good luck, also look at onshape

andrew