What's new

get BOM Data into Excel

ASP

I often export BOMs to csv and import them into Exel for further use
To automat this progress I have written a short Exel-VBA-Macro which came as an Exel add-in named getBOM.
I want to share this add-in because someone else may find it usefull.
I know , it is not perfect, but it fits my needs. (tested it in Office2003 and Office2007 / German versions)

USAGE
1) after enabling this add-in in excel it creates a custom menu entry called "get BOM"
- in Excel2007 it is in the Add-Ins ribbon
2) to import Data from a BOM-file click get BOM Data menu entry
3) choose the BOM file
4) a dialog pops up with the column-headlines as defined in the BOM-file (for easier use all are preselected)
5) choose the columns you want to import
6) select a cell in the sheet where to start from
7) click insert Data

BOM Data is imported at the specified cell with the selected columns.

You can import as many BOMs per sheet as you want.

The imported Data is the same as in the BOM-file.
If you change something in BOM (with Exel-sheet open) recalculate the sheet so see the changes.
If there are new rows or columns in the BOM-file getBOM pops up a message box telling you to update.

UPDATING BOM-Data
1) If there are more than one BOM imported then select at least one cell within the data-array to show getBOM which one you want to update
- If only one BOM-file is imported on the active sheet getBOM finds that one automaticaly.
2) on the getBOM menu click update BOM Data
3) the column-select dialog pops up and you can choose which columns you want to be shown
4) click update BOM

I hope usage is clear.
Feel free to comment.

Use at your own risk!
No warranty for any damage on hardware, software, models, bom-files or something else.

Attachments

• getBOM_v0.5.zip
    36.1 KB · Views: 156