What's new

get rid of Refer-a-Friend

mr.ska

get rid of Refer-a-Friend

Please give me a way to get rid of the Refer-a-Friend ad on my home window!! I like Alibre and will recommend it, but I do not need what amounts to an ad reminding me every single time I start up!

rbrian

Refer-a-Friend - Ad

Hi - What ad? No Refer-A-Friend Ads show up in my program in Windows 2000 - off line or online! Where do you find this ad? Under a Tab - ie: Welcome, Sessions, Tutorials, Community??

In the bottom, (I get a picture of the fax machine model rendered there).
Use the Print Screen Key - if you have nothing else - and send me a pic of it!! Robert

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I think this is what he is talking about. Your home window doesn't have it?

alibrehomewindow.jpg

mr.ska

You seem to be the lucky one, Rob... I have the same thing cclark440 has.

cclark440, what OS are you using? I'm guessing XP. That's what I'm on. I wonder if it's an XP-only thing... Anyone using AD v7 on something other than XP care to chime in?

rbrian

Refer-a-Friend - Ad - vs Consultants?

Hi - I did not see the Ad on Windows 98 on my Notebook, and one of the AA's thought maybe it was not shown to accounts that were already Alibre Consultants - anyone else to verify this?
I use Win2K Pro on my Desktop and don't have the ad - anyone else using the same OS but showing this?? Robert

DavidOH

I'm using windows 2000 with a firewall. I find that if the firewall is set to prevent Alibre from accessing the internet, the ad won't come up. It then stays off even if I allow access & go online.

cclark440

Alibre Super User

Ok After a little testing I think I figured it out (sorta)?.

I am running WinXP.
I have two accounts, my work account and my personal consultants account. It doesn't matter which one I log on with the add shows up at the bottom. Even if I choose to work offline the add shows up. Now If I physically disconnect my network connection (pull plug) I get the same window as rbrian.

So for me personally it shows up if Alibre finds a connection to the net, even if I am working in offline mode. Maybe it has to do with the level of the software. I see that rbrian is running expert, while I am running pro.
Can any one else verify this?

rbrian

Ad and Network connections - firewalls etc.

I am running on a router too - ( I forgot - it adds firewall elements within itself ) that might have something to do with it! Robert

blaplant1

Ad and Network

Has anyone noticed that one of the picture shown is Design Professional and the other is Design Expert? Could this be the difference?

blaplant1

DavidOH

No, that can't be it, because I can get either version at will just by changing whether or not the program can access the internet!

Cameraman

Agreed. It seems that Alibre can instruct the window to put whatever they want down there, but if you don't connect to their server then you get the default window . . .

Regards,
Greg :D

rbrian

The Mighty Ad Window image Saga

Greg, - did you notice - my pic was taken when I am online to the Alibre Server? And - Like I said - that is the same picture at the bottom - when online - or off - in my case! Robert

barrykingwill

I won't add my screen capture, as I have like 1 or two people in my contact list.

Feels positively un contacted .....*smile*

But for what its worth, I also have the "Refer a Friend" ad on mine.

barrykingwill

Just opened Alibre again (which in my case opens offline by default, to save time), and I noticed that while OFFLINE I just have the Alibre Logo, and when going ONLINE I get the "refer a friend".

So I guess whatever appears at the bottom of ones screen depends on what AD decides to put there, via their server when you go online.