What's new

Global Parameter Configurations

Is there any way to keep the global parameter configuration in order when opened in a part. Not a great time saver if I have to search.
GP Screen.PNG Part Screen.PNG

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Raise a support ticket for it. It's probably just listed in the order they are added to the drop down list rather than being Alphanumeric sorted!

I admit to not having used Global Variables since last summer and things may have changed in the interim. However, Global Variables (historically) have always come into a Part or Assembly file in CAPITOL LETTERS which makes "forcing them" to the "top" of the Equation Editor list nearly impossible. Lower ASCII value identities show up at the "top" of an Equation Editor value list -- which is why I identify Equation Editor values starting with "a0," "a1," "a2," etc.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I admit to not having used Global Variables since last summer and things may have changed in the interim. However, Global Variables (historically) have always come into a Part or Assembly file in CAPITOL LETTERS which makes "forcing them" to the "top" of the Equation Editor list nearly impossible. Lower ASCII value identities show up at the "top" of an Equation Editor value list -- which is why I identify Equation Editor values starting with "a0," "a1," "a2," etc.
Lew, I think Dave is talking about the Configuration Names rather than the Variable Names in this instance! Which are clearly not being sorted in the screen shots he provided.