What's new

global parameters not automatically updating in v25 after save all on assembly

New to Alibre, new to the forums. I like the configurations and assemblies and global parameters, so I created an assembly in which every part referenced the same global parameter file. The first stab at this worked well and I wanted to make an independent variation of the assembly ,so I did a save as on all the parts including the global parameter file, which proceeded without any errors. Now the copy of the top assembly was opened (there are sub assemblies with configurations), then the global parameter file. A parameter was changed which should affect quite a few of the parts. The parameter file was saved and the update button picked, but nothing happened. In the top assembly one of the parts was edited in place. The expressions were opened and the parameter shows as being updated, but the model did not change until the sketch that referenced the parameter was edited, then all configurations that referenced the part updated.

Am I missing something with the updating or is this the way Alibre Professional works? When creating the original assembly everything would update with the global parameter file so this is how I expected the copy to work.

Thanks in advance for any response.

p.s. One request for change in the interface for save as would be to add the options of replace/add a string to all file names, that would make the save as more complete.

Figured it out, the assembly and parts were not seeing the new global parameter file, which was included with in the save-as process, unless directly editing the part. Re-associating the parts with the new global parameter file fixed the issues.