What's new

Global Select

leeave96

Global Select

Hi All!

I made an enhancement request to be able to pick an entire solid body as a 'pick' option when making fillets or chamfers.

If you like this idea - please request it too.

Thanks!
Bill

rbrian

Re: Global Select

leeave96 said:
Hi All! I made an enhancement request to be able to pick an entire solid body as a 'pick' option when making fillets or chamfers. If you like this idea - please request it too.
Thanks! Bill

Hmmm - Hi Bill, I just tried your idea with a 4"x4"x4" cube - figured I could just use the design explorer to select the extrusion - but that did not work to make the fillets - needed to select two opposing faces - and 4 side edges! (From the Model itself!)

So I guess your right - that would be an enhancement, and - with the current display allowing selection of planes, axis, points - it could be delivered in a similar menu or selection fashion! Great Idea! Robert

swertel

Alibre Super User

I could be wrong, but I think there is a (hot)key combination along with the left mouse button to force it to select the part rather than the faces. Contact the AA; they should know right off hand.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User
Re:

swertel said:
I could be wrong, but I think there is a (hot)key combination along with the left mouse button to force it to select the part rather than the faces. Contact the AA; they should know right off hand.

"Ctrl + Left click" selects the whole body and there is also a filter option for that, but both features only work within an assy so they cant be used for chamfering.