What's new

GLP issues

LewisA

I have a question for all using V27. I use Alibre for reverse engineering and designing items for 3D printing. Because of this, I use GLP to tweek the design. When I dimension from a surface line and that surface moves because of a dimension change, the dimension to that surface line does not stay associated with the surface line, but to a construction line. Also, I make one line coincident to another line and when the line moves because of a dimension change, the line I made coincident to it does not, but stays coincident to a construction line. I am wondering is others have this same issue?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
IF you are using Project to Sketch then make sure to select Maintain Association in the dialog.
Sometimes after making dimension changes you need to Regenerate (F5) the model so all the relationships get updated.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
What Harold said but also note that if you have deleted anything and recreated it (even perfectly) it will have lost that connection. Then there is always the possibility that something has gone wrong in the Alibre Design part/assembly.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Also be aware that if any GLP changes (or manual edits) result in a change to the topology of the model, the internal indexing of faces/edges etc will change, which can break associations. Think about possible consequences of the entire likely range of each parameter on the finished model, to make sure that the design is robust.

If you still feel there is an issue - send files to support, with full details of exactly which feature/figure goes awry, and what changes to the GLP triggered it.