What's new

Graphic error in the 2D Drawing Shaded Views

Marco-IT

Hi everyone,
I have a graphics problem in the 2d table.

As you can see from the image, when I create a part with a radius or a radiused shape, the edges in the table "detach" from their position.

Is this a known problem?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 60

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Please explain the "2d table". Do you mean a view in a 2d drawing workspace or the view in the 3d workspace?
What is your workflow to get this display anomaly? Are you placing 2d sketch figures on top of a 2d projected view in the drawing workspace?

Marco-IT

Is a 2d drawing workspace ((I removed the title block).

It is simply a shaded view of an assembly.
I have already noticed this graphical error several times.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Just to trouble shoot the display, RMB click in the view and select 'Show Tangent Edges' from the pop up menu turn them OFF and see if the lines go away. If they do then repeat the RMB click and turn the tangent edges back ON and see how they appear.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Trouble shooting mode here...
Is this a new issue for you or have you noticed on prior versions of AD?
Does it happen all the time or is it intermittent?
Which level and version of Alibre do you have, Atom3D, Pro, or Expert?
Is your video card driver up to date?
It may be time to enter a support ticket and see what Support has to say about it.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Marco,

Open your 2D Drawing with the problem and create a PKG file.
(The package file contains all required 3D parts, sheet metal parts, and assemblies.)
Enter a support ticket, with the PKG file, with your reseller in Italy.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I'm still on v26, but this used to happen quite a bit in earlier versions (since the HOOPS graphics core was introduced). The offset of lines usually gets worse if you change the zoom settings of the view too!

You even get similar line drawing issues with the view cube if you change the zoom levels ...

1696496793439.png

So, something in the graphics engine isn't taking zoom level into account when calculating some vertex and line geometry.

Last edited:

Marco-IT

It seems like a small mistake, but every project I do I then have to send to the client for approval, and it's not very professional to present it like that.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Marco,

I have forwarded your request/ticket with the PKG file to the QA team.