What's new

graphics disappear

lugton

After coming back from screen saver the window is white with a red diagonal cross through it and the error message:

at DXUTILSLib.DXContextClass.viewportRemoveAllLights(Int64 hViewport)
at com.alibre.ui.directX.GeometryCanvas.releaseOffscreenResources()
at com.alibre.ui.directX.GeometryCanvas.offscreenToForeground(Rectangle clipRectangle)
at com.alibre.ui.directX.GeometryCanvas.offscreenToForeground()
at com.alibre.ui.directX.GeometryCanvas.render(FrameAdapter frameAdapter, IBusyBodyContextObject busyBodyContextObj, Boolean clearViewport)
at com.alibre.ui.directX.GeometryCanvas.render()
at com.alibre.ui.directX.GeometryCanvas.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 lay

JST

Alibre Super User
So, do you have an NVidia graphics display? Supposedly they do that more than others (typically out of "sleep mode"), although I have one and have only seen it one time in maybe a hundred occasions of coming out of "sleep mode" which may be similar to your screen saver mode.

I restarted the editing session in GMD, as I recall.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Not an uncommon problem, what I have read. There is an explanation here on the forum somewhere. Not putting the PC to sleep would seem to be the immediately solution.

dwc

Alibre Super User
lugton said:
After coming back from screen saver the window is white with a red diagonal cross through it and the error message:
We have had this problem for several versions now.
If I remember correctly GM claims it is a Windows problem, strange that no other program I use has it.
My solution is to not let the compi go to sleep.
Don

domcm

Yes, I reported this bug to Geomoagic technical support and they are blaming Microsoft. Funny, as another forum member points out, I have never ever seen this behavior with any other software product I use - CAD or otherwise.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
This has been discussed on

http://forum.alibre.com/viewtopic.php?t=18796

As I point out in my comment on there, this is completely fixable in GD code. This is not a Microsoft issue, it's poor implementation of sleep and hibernate modes by the boys and girls at 3D Systems. Until they accept that, they will bury their heads and blame everyone else.

.. and before you ask, I know because I'm a Windows application programmer (have been for 20 years) specializing in network communication and custom controls, so I've been there, done that. I'll even fix it for them if they ask me (for a small fee!).

lugton

Thanks everybody for your help/advice. Yes it is an nVidia Quadro K4200. We run all sorts of graphic intensive programs in Windows 10 - Geomagic is the only one it does this on. IMHO 3D Systems are a company of questionable abilities.

It is DEFINITELY not a Windows problem, according to our IT consultants.

Thanks again