What's new

Greg is gone?

wfpelletier

I don't know if this is news to anyone here, but I just saw this story on Ralph Grabowski's blog saying that Greg Milliken is now VP of marketing at a company called Altadyn:

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/milliken-switches-to-another-a.html

This news item was on Altadyn's site, dated July 8:

http://3dxplorer.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/altadyn-strengthens-the-executive-team/

I don't know about the rest of you, but even though I never met the man, I think I will miss Greg. I really like Alibre's software, and the vision Alibre has to provide good mechanical design software to all at an affordable price. I wish both him and new Alibre CEO, Mr. J. Paul Grayson, success in their new positions.

wfpelletier

swertel

Alibre Super User
The blog was my first notice of it as well. Then I checked Alibre's website and Greg's picture is gone and Paul has the additional title of CEO now. I also looked up Greg's new company and his face is planted on their management page.

So I sent Greg an email this morning asking what was up. In short, nothing wrong with Alibre. Great company with great vision and growth. He was there for long enough that he wanted a change.

Did you go to the new company's website? There is a tagline on the index page "3D for all" or something like that. Sounds very familiar. Although not CAD, the new company is very similar to CAD. At this point, it's like the "wild west" as noted by Greg.

I guess this means I won't be seeing him at COFES 2009.

A

Anonymous

Well we can only hope that Greg is happy. Personally, I'll miss his emails. He is one of the few CEO's that actually communicated directly with customers. He will be missed by many.

Hopefully the new Title Holder will be as good as Greg.

leeave96

I hate to see Greg go. He was always willing to send an e-mail if I had concerns, complements or even gripes!

Bill

cclark440

Alibre Super User
I think Paul will be every bit as good as Greg. Don't forget that Alibre is Paul's baby.
While I had several email and chat conversations with Greg early on, Paul actually came to me to talk face to face.

A few years ago, I received a call from Paul. He said that he would be in my area and would really like to get a chance to sit down and talk about my concerns and wishes for Alibre.
At the time I didn't really know who he was, it wasn't until he arrived and started giving me a little back ground, that I realized that Alibre was Paul's vision.

I think Alibre is quite a unique company. How many other CAD companies give you such easy access to the officers of the corp?

I am glad that I use Alibre, and can't wait for the future of the software.

indesign

Alibre Super User
That's good to hear. Is Paul on the forum? I hope he checks it out like Greg did because this is where the good stuff is when it comes to Alibre concerns.

Greg was a good reason for us to start using Alibre because he was always concerned enough about what we needed the software to do.

A

Anonymous

I for one can say that Alibre is way different than most software suppliers. They want to keep the customers happy and improve along the way.

Also as mentioned earlier in this Thread the Higher Ups are easy to contact and always there for us. The fact is that Alibre is a better company to deal with because not only do they provide sound products but they want our suggestions in making it better.

It's all good !!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

paulg

Hello,

Greg will be missed by all of us. I especially enjoyed working with him over the last nine years. We often traveled on business together and got to know each other very well.

I do monitor the forums and often forward messages internally to the appropriate team members for follow-up. I enjoy meeting customers face-to-face and try to do so whenever I can, but probably won't be as active on the forum as Greg was. Calls and emails are always welcome if you have suggestions or issues.

We really appreciate our customers and especially each of you that actively work the forum and assist others.

Thanks!

Paul

indesign

Alibre Super User
Thanks for the reply Paul. Very (pleasantly) surprised to see the reply on a Sunday. Not too many company executives would have done that.

A

Anonymous

Every time I open Alibre Online there is a Support Member on!!! I don't have any good questions at that point, but they are usually there.

Thanks to tjones, I have a solid foundation for a CAD software.

Moving to Alibre has to be one of my better decisions in the last 7 years.

Thanks for the post Paul :wink: